I've installed The Liquidator and I'm as happy as can be
I've seen many posts on this topic but thought I'd share my experience, just in case it may help someone else down the line.
All in all, it was easy to install. One point worth mentioning:
After replacing the 1/4" nipples in the flow indicator with the 3/8" parts, I used the 1/4" nipples to connect the liquidator's OUT pipe directly to my pump (a Hayward SP2605x7) instead of drilling a hole in my suction side pipe
After the easy installation, I encountered the following problems:
1. The pump was loosing suction and would not draw in water
2. Water was leaking from where I've attached the liquidator IN pipe to my return side pipe
3. Water was leaking from the OUT check valve
The first and third problems were resolved after I realized I did not use the 3/8" parts properly.
When connecting the vinyl pipe to the 3/8" connectors, I pushed it in until it stopped, and did not realize there is an additional length that needs to be shoved in after it first seems to be all the way in.
The second problem was a result of using mm drills instead of inch-sized drills.
I don't have a 3/8" (9.5 mm) drill so I used a 9 mm instead thinking that it is best to err on the smaller size than the bigger.
This meant that the tubing adapter had to be shoved forcefully into hole in the (rigid) PVC pipe.
Apparently that was the wrong way to go about it.
Since the hole was not big enough, the adapter had to be forcefully pushed in. Even though it seemed the washer was pressed tightly against the PVC pipe, it apparently could not press in hard enough to properly seal the connection.
After enlarging the hole to slightly above 9.5 mm, it allowed the adapter to move freely in the hole which in turn allowed the washer to be tightened to the proper degree.
Although I was not sure my return side pipe had enough pressure to provide adequate flow, I can go up to 5 on the flow indicator without a problem.
p.s. My 4 year old loves the smilies and added them to my post