So I broke out the meter and tested the tap water.
My tap water needs a shock... hehe. THIS is why my water turns green at about 4" upon filling and we always have to shock new water. So there! Hrumpf!
Got interrupted by kids arriving home or I'd have ph and alkalinity to report as well. Will edit when I get a chance.
I got the bug to do this test because:
1) I have the equipment (Hannah Meter - tests under 1ppm) and,
2) Recent arial views of the uncovered reservoirs that got peed in and then drained on the news showed GREEN water.
Oh, we drink this stuff happily btw. Algae won't kill ya, apparently it's perfectly fine to drink it. The water is soooooo good btw. Even better than bottled.