Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: air bubbles spa return

1. Back To Top    #1

air bubbles spa return

Hi - we just had a pool/spa built, 20,000; spa level with pool. shared variable speed jandy pump. venturi tube, no blower for spa.

I'm noticing, even at low speed, air bubbles coming out of 1 spa return only - is this most likely related to air from venturi effect or might I have a leak? air not coming out of any of the pool or other 3 spa returns...

2. Back To Top    #2
    Oceanside, CA

Re: air bubbles spa return

If you have a salt water generator, when the cell comes on, you will see air bubbles coming out of the nearest return.
    40 X 26 Free Form Pool with attached 9 X 7 Spa raised 18" with 8 Jets and Spillover, and an Art Rock Waterfall/Grotto with accent rocks, 26,000 gallons
    Intelliflo VF-3050 for Pool, VS-3050 for Spa Jets, VS-3050 for Waterfall/Grotto, Quad DE 80, 400K BTU Mastertemp, Intellitouch i7+3 w/ iS10 10 Function Spa-Side Remote, Intellichlor IC40 Salt Chlorinator, Telephone Remote, 2 Intellibrites for Pool/ 1 for Spa, Solar Panels on 2 story Roof w/ 75% coverage
    Pebble Tec Tropical Breeze Tsunami's Pool Build

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: air bubbles spa return

It could be the venturi. While they don't work well at low flows it could be pulling a little air into the system. If you shut all the spa returns off does any air come out of the pool return(s)?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit