Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dumping my Aqualogic System Looking for Suggestions

1. Back To Top    #1

Dumping my Aqualogic System Looking for Suggestions

Main panel circuit board went out "Cell No Power" fix didn't work! Rather than replacing the board I'm so fed up with Hayward and there **** I'm thinking of replacing the whole main panel. Everything I have is Pentair except the SWG. Thinking of going with a Pentair Automation Panel, Easytouch, or Suntouch? This will be easier in the future for upgrading of 2 speed or VS pumps. Any suggestions?
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dumping my Aqualogic System Looking for Suggestions

CompuPool is inexpensive. AutoPilot is very well thought of but more expensive. No brand is perfect.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Jason! Looked at both of these, I'm sure there quirks with all the systems. Leaning toward the Easytouch just because of the control of there own components. Will be replacing my pumps to 2 speed or VS this fall hopefully. If I just replace the board for the P4 your looking at $400 and my cell is going on 7 years old so I'm on borrowed time! So there's $800 together. After having another bad experience with Goldline/Hayward I would not give them anymore of my business! Besides they still haven't fixed the problem with the K1 relays smoking the boards! So it's going to be a constant expense. Another $600 bucks and I can rip the whole thing out and start fresh.
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by maxepr1
    Thanks Jason! Looked at both of these, I'm sure there quirks with all the systems. Leaning toward the Easytouch just because of the control of there own components. Will be replacing my pumps to 2 speed or VS this fall hopefully. If I just replace the board for the P4 your looking at $400 and my cell is going on 7 years old so I'm on borrowed time! So there's $800 together. After having another bad experience with Goldline/Hayward I would not give them anymore of my business! Besides they still haven't fixed the problem with the K1 relays smoking the boards! So it's going to be a constant expense. Another $600 bucks and I can rip the whole thing out and start fresh.
    maxepr1 I am also looking to replace.

What did you end up going with? Do you like it? How much did you end up paying?
    14K gal gunite pool
    A.O. Smith B130 2.4hp motor
    Hayward DE2420L Filter
    Hayward SP3020X25AZ Super II Pump 2 1/2 HP Single Speed
    Aqualink rs4
    AutoClear salt system

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by skos
    Quote Originally Posted by maxepr1
    maxepr1 I am also looking to replace.

What did you end up going with? Do you like it? How much did you end up paying?
    Skos, haven't got anything yet. Repaired my board, but I'm still going to replace it. Leaning towards Easytouch.