Hello, Questions about Intex pool

slc71

Jul 1, 2011
Hello everyone, I am so glad I found this forum and thanks to everyone who has posted information about intex pools.
After reading thru many of the post about Intex pools tips etc I have a question.
I am planning on ordering a Intex Ultra Frame 16' x 48" pool from intheswim.com.
They are having a deal $699.00 with that comes with cartridge filter pump with deluxe chlorine generator, ladder, ground cloth, pool cover and maintenance kit.
http://www.intheswim.com/Backyard-and-H ... ing-Pools/

Where the pool will be will get direct sunlight from around 10:30am till 6:00pm. Will the pool be heated adequate enough that i would not need any type of separate heater? I live in Illinois btw.

As for the question of water temp, it depends on how you like your water. We have a 15'x48" Intex in partial to full sun from ~9 am to 6 pm and the temp by the evening is 84. It cools to 78-80 overnight without the cover. Plenty warm enough for my family.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.