Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello, Questions about Intex pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello, Questions about Intex pool

Hello everyone, I am so glad I found this forum and thanks to everyone who has posted information about intex pools.
    After reading thru many of the post about Intex pools tips etc I have a question.
    I am planning on ordering a Intex Ultra Frame 16' x 48" pool from intheswim.com.
    They are having a deal $699.00 with that comes with cartridge filter pump with deluxe chlorine generator, ladder, ground cloth, pool cover and maintenance kit.
    http://www.intheswim.com/Backyard-and-H ... ing-Pools/

Where the pool will be will get direct sunlight from around 10:30am till 6:00pm. Will the pool be heated adequate enough that i would not need any type of separate heater? I live in Illinois btw.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello, Questions about Intex pool

Walmart has the same exact pool for $399 online, we paid $369 in the store, and it came with all of the above mentioned. I would save the $300 and upgrade to a sand filter.
    -Julie
    25,600gal/33' x 52" Sharkline Heritage, Pentair Clean & Clear 150sq ft filter, 1.5hp dual speed Optiflo pump, TF-100 test kit, BBB method, Pool Rover S2-40

3. Back To Top    #3

I checked wal-mart. They are out of stock..

4. Back To Top    #4

try Target
    Intex 16x48 Ultra Frame
    5100 gallons
    Intex Sand Filter and Pump
    BBB Bliss Baby!

5. Back To Top    #5

Walmart can order it
    5,593 gallons of water at 80% capacity <Orlando, Florida>
    AG Intex Round Metal pole Swimming Pool - 16 Feet x 48 Inches (Intex A 16 X 48 F B02 11 01)
    Sand, SandPro 75 – 3/4 HP, 45GPM/2700GPH flow rate. GAM-4511 (Just days old 7/5/11)
    Crystal Clear Still

6. Back To Top    #6

As some have said, Walmart. $700 is no where near a deal for that pool. Sams club even has a 18ft for under $400.
    Intex 15x48 metal frame 4,400 gallon AG. Dual stock pump setup using Filbur (A) filters.

7. Back To Top    #7

As for the question of water temp, it depends on how you like your water. We have a 15'x48" Intex in partial to full sun from ~9 am to 6 pm and the temp by the evening is 84. It cools to 78-80 overnight without the cover. Plenty warm enough for my family.
    15' Intex w/SWG