Intex SWG - guess it died

Jun 1, 2008
NW MO
I have used the Intex SWG for 2 seasons. This year I keep getting a low salt reading so it won't produce chlorine. When testing my salt, it actually reads on the high side so I know that isn't the problem. I checked the wiring connections and all is good. I checked the plates and there is no debris and no deposits. I called Intex customer service and the girl that answered told me in her best broken English that it "must be broke".

So I ordered a new one - got a good deal but it is the new style with copper. I have unplugged the power to the copper and if we can find a cap, we will remove the copper completely. The book with the new unit says to keep CYA in the 30-50 range and in the old book it said the same thing, but I remember reading on here that it actually works better to keep the CYA higher with the SWG. Because of rain and refills, my CYA is around 40 and I don't want to raise it if I don't have to. What is best with these units?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.