How long to I need to run the filter?

amd250

Jun 18, 2011
I have a 15x48 pool, I think it's 4400 gallons. I have a hayward 1 hp pump and hayward 166t sand filter? How mnay Gallons does that pump do, I can't seem to find that info anywhere and how long would it take to recycle all the water?

Thanks

It is difficult to say exactly how much water the pump is moving, as it depends on many details of your plumbing. Still, it should easily be moving 50 GPM or more, most likely more. That suggests that it probably takes less than two hours to do a turnover.

my plumbing consists of 1.5 inch hoses. thats all. Also I am confused about seomthing. I have the pump hooked up to a GFI. Do I also need to ground the pump? What's the easy way to do it. It's at the back of the yard. I read I need to buy an 8ft grounding rod and push that into the ground and attach a grounding wire to it? Even on a GFI, I still need to ground it?

You don't need to ground it. It's grounded through the power cord.

Is the pool a steel walled pool? If it is you need to bond it and the pump and every piece of metallic equipment that either touches the water or is within 5' of the wall.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.