Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: In desparate need of install help

1. Back To Top    #1

In desparate need of install help

Friends of our just bought off craigslist a 24ft roudn pool, we torn it down June 20th so we know all the parts are there. We excavated the ground and leveled out 3inches of sand using a compactor to push it down. The they set Pavers under each bottom rail joint for the brace to sit on. Wednesday we started to put up the pool with the help of 13 ppl, first time wall was set we had about 1 1/2 in gap where walls didnt meet, second time trying we moved the rails in some the wall fiinally met. In the process of moving the rails we became unlevel in a spot. So we have 1 spot that looks like the rail is constantly sinkin any help for that?
    Other question, we installed the coping for a beaded liner, hung the liner and began to fill it, yesterday morning....ALL THE LINER fell into the pool.....WHAT DO WE DO???? My friend is ready to scrap out the pool right now. Someone please help me
    Overwhelmed
    Pool size: 15' X 48" AG vinyl liner, 5300 gallons, Hayward S166T filter and 1hp pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: In desparate need of install help

I'm sorry you are having difficulty, someone will be along with some answers soon. Do you think the unlevel spot had anything to do with the liner falling into the pool?
    Currently Pooless

Former Pool:Buster Crabbe resin and steel 30'x15' oval 52" ABG pool Pentair sand dollar filter 1.5 Pentair Dynamo pump13,500 gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

I dont think so, I honestly think they put the liner in in the evening instead of hot day time and it just wasnt plyable I was not there for liner install so to be honest I dont even know if it snapped into the channel
    Overwhelmed
    Pool size: 15' X 48" AG vinyl liner, 5300 gallons, Hayward S166T filter and 1hp pump

4. Back To Top    #4

It sounds like the pavers were set into the compacted sand and not the ground. If that's the case the sand that is under the pavers and pool wall needs to be removed. Then the pavers set into the ground, pool wall erected, then sand can be raked back to the pool walls from the inside. The sand is only used to cushion the bottom of the liner, never to level ground.

5. Back To Top    #5

so if we tear it down and start from scratch...pile the sand in the middle...put pavers level with the ground, the put the rail up then the wall and THEN spread the sand outward and level it we should be ok?
    Overwhelmed

6. Back To Top    #6

Yeah you should be ok. It's going to be harder to make sure everything is level with the sand in the way but with careful measurement it can be done. The liner bead HAS to snap into the receiver or it will just pull right out, and once one little part pulls out the rest will follow like a zip-lok bag.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Just keep in mind the main part that needs to be level is where the bottom rail rests, the area inside can be off and not hurt the structural integrity. Rent a transit or laser level if you don't have one and the pavers set within an inch closer is always better. Then lay out the bottom rail and walk around the pool and shoot the elevation setting grade stick directly on the track, if you're within an inch it's fine, if out more drop the higher places down. Take some chalk and number each paver and record each measurement on paper next to corresponding number so you can see where you need to work. When this is right the pool will be enjoyed alot more.