Build question about bottom rails, sand & gorilla pad

FastCougar

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2011
Eastern Panhandle of WV
I have a 1/2" gap below my bottom rails due to how my patio plates/pavers are not fully sunk. The soil here is like digging through limestone ... near impossible ... watch in the video how I have to use the back end of a hammer to scrape away the area for the pavers. The last 3 seconds of this video show how minor the gap is. I have at least 2 tons of soil left from the excavation as well as 4 tons of sand being delivered tomorrow ... what should I do to correct this? Should I backfill with native soil and water/tamp or simply spread the sand just outside the pool wall? Also, since I have a Gorilla Pad for my install, and foam coves, how much sand should I use? I assume the Gorilla Pad goes right over the sand, or is it used instead of sand?

[youtube:18fci6dw]p_NrfIzgvWM[/youtube:18fci6dw]

The best thing to do is set the pavers lower, I know it's tough work, I actually set extra pavers under my pool. But fixing it now, will save a lot of headaches that you will have trying to drain and partially correct this problem once you start filling the pool. A couple more hours of suffering will save several days of frustration and not being able to swim!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.