Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Wet Edge?

Wet Edge?

Hello all, new to the forum. I am doing an owner/builder new build in AZ. I am about ready to get the finish installed, and having a tough time deciding. I was ready to go forward with Wet- Edge "Northshore Caribbean". I was a pool with the color today, and I was not impressed. It looked too dark/brown, and very little like the Caribbean.

Now I am looking back at Pebble Fina, because of the better color selection.

Any input/pics would be great. Thanks! -Mike.
    Intex Ultra Frame Above Ground Pool 16x48
    with a Filter Cartridge

Re: Wet Edge?

I did a Pebble-Tec finish in White Pearl, however the most important decision you make will be the water line tile. I picked a white/gray tile that matches the calcium deposits that seem to be unavoidable here in AZ with high temps, rapid evaporation and very hard water.

I do love how the white bottom gives the pool a nice light blue that looks cool and inviting, even when the water temp gets up in the 90's like today.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    19k gallon Pebble Tec pool/spa,Pentair Intelliflo VS, 2 hp Super II pump (for spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE filter, Hayward H400 & Solar heating

We just had Wet Edge Luna Quartz installed on Tuesday and absolutely love it. Our water is cleared up, and the quartz crystals are shining thru the water. Our color was Pacific, but I think they call it Aruba now. Plaster color is a light blue.
    IG ~12,500 gallon, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Wetedge Luna Quartz plaster (Pacific/Aruba), Pool Pump: 1.0 HP Tristar by Hayward, Waterfall Pump: 1.0 HP Super II by Hayward

Hey wamaha, pic request? I am also looking for a light blue, caribbean look. I have narrowed it down to about 4 samples now
    with a Filter Cartridge

Quote Originally Posted by precisionmike
    Hey wamaha, pic request? I am also looking for a light blue, caribbean look. I have narrowed it down to about 4 samples now
    Here ya go.

We are very happy with the color and texture so far.

Good Luck!
    IG ~12,500 gallon, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Wetedge Luna Quartz plaster (Pacific/Aruba), Pool Pump: 1.0 HP Tristar by Hayward, Waterfall Pump: 1.0 HP Super II by Hayward

Great, thanks for the pic. The Aruba looks great, just enough blue, but not too dark. I have also been looking at the Kiwi Blue in the Satin Matrix line. Anyone out there use that color? Thanks!
    with a Filter Cartridge