Calculating Grams/hr from ppm - Testing my SWG output

Apr 15, 2010
Las Vegas
Hello, I searched the forum by the search engine throws out a majority of my search words so i don't get any relavent matches. I hoping someone here knows how to do this conversion (Grams/hr from ppm) I'm trying to calulate how much my Intex SWG is putting out (2009 model no copper). The units has only been in service approx. 5 months. clean the cell regularly. The power pack got fried and i replaced it, but with one from a 2011 model. I have data from before the pack got fried and data from the new one, as well i measured water from the filter bleed (preSWG) and from a hose connected to one of the returns (post-SWG)
Here is my data:
-------------------------------------------------
from filter:
FC: 3.4ppm

from hose:
FC 5.6ppm

flow: 50gal/min
pool: 20k gal
full turn over time: 6.6hrs

I'm curious how much worse the SWG my preform with the 2011 power supply
SWG data:
---------------------------------------------------
2009 pak:
DC voltage output to cell, bench tested, water not in the cell: 24v DC
Whole unit in stock condition rated @24 G/hr

2011 pak:
DC voltage output to cell, bench tested, water not in the cell: 13.5v DC
Whole unit in stock condition rated @12 G/hr

The plate length on the new cell is the same as the old but it only has 3 this year :shock:
and two big 'ol blocks of copper down stream.

Given the increase in ppm and the total number of gallons moved in an hour, you can calculate the number of grams using the pool calculator (use the chlorine gas setting). I get 25 grams. Keep in mind that none of your numbers are very precise, so the error on the calculated number will be large.

JasonLion said:
Given the increase in ppm and the total number of gallons moved in an hour, you can calculate the number of grams using the pool calculator (use the chlorine gas setting). I get 25 grams. Keep in mind that none of your numbers are very precise, so the error on the calculated number will be large.
Jason- thanks for the calculation, that great news! I tryed to use the pool calc. But couldn't figure out how to put my data in to get it to work. I tested the water with my dpd-fas hi FC kit (k2006) using the. 0.2 ppm per drop method. I'm impressed it's putting out so much!
I modded this unit to run without the onboard timer but still use the flow sw. and 2 of the LEDs
I did a walkthru video I'm trying to post to utube in parts (38mins long) I'm planing to upload it to google docs and post a link and thread here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.