Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: The BEST free or paid for Android App ever...IMO

1. Back To Top    #1
    Waaay NW MN

The BEST free or paid for Android App ever...IMO

My son just moved to Oregon 2 weeks ago - he is my baby, just graduated from highschool 3 weeks ago. I need to talk or text with him every day to feel OK about him being 1600 miles away. Today, someone stole his cell phone - he had borrowed it to the roommate, someone stole it from her locker at work. The phone was password protected and had a really cool program on it to help him find it.

He called me on another phone and told me to text his phone the following words "Wheres My Droid" and then on the second text "GPS My Droid"

WOW, 5 minutes later I got a couple of messages from his phone - one had the latitude and longitude of the phone's current position and the other had a Google Map with street view of where the phone is! It looks like a vacant lot, so wonder if they tossed the phone when they found out it was password protected or? Maybe its in a car parcked there? I told them they should now call the cops with the info and let someone get busted!
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: The BEST free or paid for Android App ever...IMO

There was a story a while back where a guy got his Ipad back the same way. It's great what technology can do.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Central VA

Re: The BEST free or paid for Android App ever...IMO

I had Where's My Droid on my last phone, never got around to downloading it on the replacement Verizon had to send me... Hmmm. Gotta go, Android Market is calling me! Thanks for the reminder post.
    Central VA
    My 'disposable' pool -- 7600 gal 18' round AG Intex Ultra Frame, Intex sand filter
    Took it down the first year, but it has been up year round for three years now
    Was really hoping last winter would have done it in so I could justify an upgrade!