Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: dpd powder

1. Back To Top    #1

dpd powder

My dpd powder is always sticking to the inside of the dipper, and so i dont know if i am getting the proper amount of dpd powder in the mixture. How much will this throw off my results?

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: dpd powder

How much will this throw off my results?
    None. The amount of powder used is very non-critical. As long as the solution turns pink, you have used enough powder.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

I keep a folded paper towel in the little scoop compartment and my dipper laying on it. That keeps it dry so the dpd powder doesn't stick to it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

awesome thanks!

5. Back To Top    #5

San Diego, CA

I keep a toothpick in the kit to scrape off the scooper when it get crusty.
    15,600 Gallon, 16' x 32' In-Ground Vinyl Pool
    Pentair VS 3050 pump, Quad DE 60 filter and SunTouch controller
    8 gallon Liquidator, Aquatherm EcoSun Solar Panels, 2 wheel ThePoolCleaner

6. Back To Top    #6
    The Triangle, NC

We rinse our little blue scoop under the sink faucet when we are finished testing and then blow into it/on it to get the water out of that little scoop cup before hanging it on the lid of the DPD powder container. We've never had any crusting or accumulation.

25,000 gallon, refurbished 1960's inground concrete, Jandy sand filter w Jandy 1.5hp single-speed pump, Pool Pilot Digital SWCG+Chemtrol 2100+CO2 tank; PebbleTec White Pearl with 10% Cobalt Blue Dark Beadcrete by Olympic Pool Plastering, Georgia. Taylor K-2006 Test Kit; Aqua Check Salt test; LaMotte borates test, and Jack's Magic Sequest test kit; SparklyPoolitis level: extremely high.

7. Back To Top    #7

I use the paper towel trick too... I like the little place in the test kit for it but it always seemed to stay wet.

I usually stir my solution w/it and then just lay it in the paper towel I've put in the corner of my box when I'm done. It's ready the next time I need it.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist $600 w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panel

My backyard is like a park... Why then does DH always want to go camping??? I just don't understand.