Michael in Mckinney - 1st Estimate

Jun 16, 2011
This comes from Clarity Pools. Seems a little high to me, but we still have 3 more estimates coming in. I asked for the autopilot digital SWG but he was still pushing the pentair saying it was cheaper with a longer warranty. I told him I liked the display telling me specifically how much salt to add but he said all of these units get un-calibrated quickly.

In our first pass with them we had "wall to wall" decking with sundeck and that came out to be about 9K more.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Specs:
Pool
Length 36 ft
Width 29 ft
Depth 3.5 ft / 5 ft / 8.5 ft
Surface area 786 sq ft
Perimeter 116 ft
5 pool returns, auto fill, dual main drains, 2 skimmers and 2 LED lights
12-inch tall 35 ft long raised wall w/ your choice of standard stone veneer $1150
Equipment
1.5hp Whisper Flo filter pump 2-inch suction lines $550
2hp Whisper Flo booster pump 2-inch suction lines $650
3/4hp Legend pump w/ Legend Platinum pool cleaner $1250
60 sq ft DE filter $875
Dual time clock w/ freeze guard $350
IC-40 saltwater system $1200
6 ft spring diving board $875
Maintenance equipment
Decking and coping
Your choice of standard tile and cast stone coping
639 sq ft aggregate concrete 4-inch drain system $5003
Waterfalls
(3) 2 ft sheer descents $600
Plaster
Upgrade to your choice of standard Diamond Brite or Noble Designer Series aggregate plaster $3462
Misc.
Re-route all sprinklers and hook-up to auto fill $1850
Install 6 pallet of sod $1500
Bobcat shuttle $650
Fence at equipment for Stonebridge HOA $750

Total: $51,783

Attachments

• Murray2_001.jpg
    Murray2_001.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 559
  • Murray2_002.jpg
    Murray2_002.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 558
  • Murray2_003.jpg
    Murray2_003.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 558
Michael, I'm a little to west of you in Flower Mound, and Clear Tech is one who's providing us a quote. We should have it this next week. I thought about calling Clarity as well, but I already have 5 companies I'm talking to, and I have a good feel for two of them so far.

That price ($51k) is right about what we had budgeted, so it's good so see what's included for that price.

You should get a two speed pump for the main circulation pump, and probably something smaller than 1.5 HP. Both getting a smaller pump, and more importantly a two speed pump, will save you a significant amount of money on electricity over the long run.

That filter is fine, but you will probably be happier with a larger filter. Larger filters filter better and go longer between backwashing/cleaning.

The IC-40 isn't such a great choice if you are not getting a Pentair automation system. Without the automation system you can only set it in steps of 20%, which is very limiting/wasteful. On the other hand, going all Pentair usually increases your warranty, which has advantages. Check to see if getting the IC-40 or not will affect your warranty, and if not either get an automation system or go with a different SWG.

I am wary of that fat top step. I saw that in my friends pool with a sunning ledge like that for a top step, the circulation there was terrible and that was where the black algae started. We turned the return near there to try to push water across that step but it was not really much better. I don't know what the answer is, maybe the water depth matters, or the overall circulation. Just take a look at it.

Michael in Mckinney estimate #2 Premeire

We will proabably end up going with Premeire. They have been the most open about their costs and willing to show us detail to whatever level we like. They were also the only guys to say they would show us their prices and buy and install any other system that we can find on the net.

Image32.jpg

Image33.jpg

Image34.jpg

Murray,

I am currently in the middle of construction. If you are looking for another company for comparison, I would highly recommend Hobert as an alternative. They have been excellent to work with, timely on each step and communication has been excellent. Their price was very competitive compared to other builders.

Search "New Build Kemp, TX" for pics of our progress.

Greenhaw

Darn lawyers, can't even call a diving board a diving board anymore... What the heck is a jump board?

A 2HP pump may be nice when running the waterfalls and jets, but overkill for just filtering. I have a 1 hp for 21k and it filters perfectly and I have fantastic return pressure. As suggested, you may want to price out a two speed pump. I would also request 2" plumbing.

I didn't think the first quote was all that bad, but the second is even better.

Design is very nice. Going to be a great pool.

** edit: had to clean up my language for the words to show :)

Michael,

I too live in McKinney in Stonebridge (Stanford Medows). I have been collecting several bids for a pool. Here are some of the folks we have been working with:
Hopkins Pools
Gold Medal Pools
BMR Pool & Patio
Hobert Pools
Riverbend Sandler
Premier Pools

Do you have any comments about any of these guys?

Dennis

JasonLion,

Would you look over the following equipment and give me your feedback, please?

I'm looking at a ~ 28,000 gal IG Pool/Spa

Jandy 48 SqFt Filter
Jandy 2.0 Hp Variable Speed Circulation Pump
Jandy PDA PS6 Controller
Jandy LRZ400 Natural Gas Heater
Polaris 280 Complete with Booster Pump
Polaris 1.5 HP Stealth Booster Pump (for 3 x 1' sheer descents)
Polaris 220V 1.5HP QT blower (for Spa)
Letro Autofill
Rainbow 320 Chlorinator
Nature 2 Mineral Sanitizer
Del Ozone Eclispe 2-Corona Discharge Ozoneator System (No UV Lamps)
Jandy 100w Spa Light
Jandy 500w Pool Light

Dennis

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.