Jun 30, 2011
Hi,
I just received my test kit today and did my first test. The results are:
FC 1
CC .5
CYA Does not register
TA 40
Ph 7

I just added the Walmart brand stabilizer Monday night using the sock method. This is an Intex Ultra Frame 24' with the combined sand pump and SWG. I set up about two weeks ago and followed the Intex customer service advice. 1) Run the pump 24 hours first before setting the automatic operating hours. 2) Set the operating hours at 7 per book 3)Add CYA once temps rise above 90.

Went out of town for two days after adding CYA and there is yellow algae starting to show on the bottom. Have ordered salt water test strips but have not received yet. Would you please guide me on what to address first? Thanks

Get some chlorine in there fast.

How much CYA did you add? Meaning, what was your target? You need to get FC up to whatever shock level is for your assumed CYA level. That algae will soon take over the whole pool if you don't.

That's still a whole lotta water even if it's ABG. Pre-empt the heartache and order up a proper test kit ASAP. There's a discussion of kits in Pool School, top right of this page.

Thank you!, I just received the Taylor K2006 test kit recommended on this site and used it today. I was using the strips until today. I added a 4 lb bag of CYA. I believe it said 78% CYA on it.

If you're going to shock, you can't do it a little at a time. You have to add all that the Pool Calc says to all at once. then you have to test again and add the amount given you then by the Pool Calc all at once. And keep doing that until you pass the OCLT. You can't put a little in now and a little in later. You're just wasting chlorine if you do that! Not trying to be harsh but don't want you get frustrated and also wasting money.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.