New Pool First Test Results Help!

Mar 20, 2011
NY
Hi all, been lurking for the past few months as our pool was built. Pool is a 16x36 Vinyl Liner, 3ft shallow end, 8ft deep end. Also have Pool Pilot Digital. Pool has been running for about 2 weeks with only the salt the pool builder put in. They came today to go over everything and told me to slowly add 3lb of stabilizer into the skimmer tonight and 3lbs into the skimmer tomorrow night, and not to swim in it for 3 days. Pool has been crystal clear since day 1.

Here are my test results using my TF-100

FC-1
CC-.5
TC-1.5
PH -8.2
T/A-100
CH-150
CYA-0
Temp-85
Salt-3,000 PPM

Not really sure where to go from here. Should I follow the PB advice on the stabilizer?

Thanks for all your help!
Scott

The first thing you need ot do is get the pH down to about 7.5. Then get the CYA in there. You should also add 2 ppm of chlorine in there tonight.
Don't worry about testing the CYA for a week. And by the way, if you don't have a good test kit you need to get one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.