Why i would disconnect the copper electrode

Jun 29, 2011
JasonLion said:
xaviergzz, we recommend disconnecting the copper electrode when using the Intex SWG.

Still, it is a valid point, copper in the water is extremely common with SWGs, and there are never problems.

JasonLion, can you tell me why i would disconnect the copper electrode? i had my water checked at LPS and here is what the readings:

FAC 2 ppm
TAC 2 ppm
PH 7.6
TA 160 ppm
CYA 20 ppm
Calcium hardness 275 ppm
salinity 3.7 (apples? the guy could tell me the unit of measure, he used an electronic gadget)
copper/iron 0.15 ppm
phosphates 300 ppb

was told to use phosfate free to reduce chance of pool turning green...

im really new to all of this, so i dont know if they just want to sell me chemicals or really need them...

i been running the SWG 2 hours a day... on a 15ft 3500gal pop up pool

PhosFree isn't worth bothering with. As long as you maintain an appropriate FC level, which the SWG can do easily, the phosphates can be anything and there won't be any problems.

Copper builds up in the water and eventually gets to levels where it can stain blonde hair green and cause stains that are nearly impossible to remove. These problems don't happen to everyone, but why risk it. There are no advantages to having copper in the water that could possibly justify the risks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.