Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Here

1. Back To Top    #1

New Here

Hi All,

I was on Ben's site, but really glad to find this site. I am in Dallas Tx and have a 47,000 Gallon saltwater pool with two Goldline chlorine generators. This is my second fall with the pool. The most notable thing about my pool was that one of the gunite crew (Nester, the floor finisher) hung himself in my front yard. My son had a rope in the Magnolia tree out front and Nester, who was also the "joker" of the crew, pretended to hang himself. The surgeon next door told me that it's very easy to knock oneself out hanging from the neck by a rope. Once he lost conscienceness he slid out of the noose and was Ok. We insisted on him going to the Hospital (both atttorney granddad and doctor neighbor agreed). I made a very hot-headed call to the pool builder and cussed him out and told him all about Nester and how I was tired of all the horseplay. I got a voice message a few hours later from some dude who was not the pool builder, but was the recipent of my tirade. He certainly had a voice mail to save! When we get our pool cabana build, we're going to call it the Swinging Nester.

15X35 freeform gunite w/7' spa, 16,100gal.
    Pebble Sheen (Prism Blue)
    Sta-Rite Equip.=2HP MaxE Pro pump, sys.3 Cartridge filter(350sq.), 400,000 Nat.Gas Heater, 2HP DynaGlass booster pump(6 spa jets), Polaris 2HP blower(5 calf jets), Kreepy Krauly
    4 pool returns + 3 deep returns
    1 skimmer
    Using BBB since 8/2006-Thanks to all the great people @ The Garden Web pool & spa forum, poolsolutions, and now this great site!

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana
    Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you had an "interesting" build.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Oh my...what a story! Would love to see pics of the pool build if you have them. Enormous pool! Can't wait.

Welcome to TFP.
    Our pool-
    20x40 Free Form Gunite (3'-8'), 26,000 G, AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generator SC-48, Aqua blue pebble sheen, Textured Sundek, Pentair Easy touch with remote control, 1hp Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro pump, Max-E- Therm heater 333k BTU, System 3 Mod Media Cartridge filter, and Polaris 380 cleaner with booster pump

4. Back To Top    #4
    Missouri City (suburb of Houston, TX)
    Agreed, we'd love to see picutres, but please, just none of Nester.

Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.