Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Awesome product - GrillGrate

1. Back To Top    #1

Awesome product - GrillGrate

My grates in my grill were getting pretty bad and I'd replaced them a few times before not getting the type of life expectancy I'd like out of the replacements. I was at a local grill store and saw a product called GrillGrate. I ended up buying three panels for my grill and have been extremely pleased with them.

They give great markings to whatever you are grilling, hold heat very well and really cut down on flareups. I've found cleanup is a breeze too.

Here's a pic from their website of what they look like. I got my set for around $100 on Amazon.com and highly recommend them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    18x33 AGP, 17,300 gal, Hayward Sand Filter, 1.5 HP 2 Speed Hayward Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Awesome product - GrillGrate

Looks like anodized aluminum. Aluminum is an excellent heat conductor and the anodization process would make it super durable. Certainly lighter than cast iron grates, too.

You got me curious now…
    I laughto disguise the tears.
    Size 15,000 gal 510′ | Filtration DE 48′ | Sanitation SWG+O₃ | Placement in-ground (IG) | Finish pebble
    Pumps Intelliflo VS+SVRS main WhisperFlo WF-28 feature | Location Dallas TX US (33N 97W)

3. Back To Top    #3

I might have to look into these. Hubby replaced the lower grate on our grill only to have it begin to fail...again! I would love to have something more durable, and the protection from flare-ups is a bonus
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

4. Back To Top    #4

How do you clean them? Does it come with that spatula thing for cleaning?
    15,600 Gallon, 16' x 32' In-Ground Vinyl Pool
    Pentair VS 3050 pump, Quad DE 60 filter and SunTouch controller
    8 gallon Liquidator, Aquatherm EcoSun Solar Panels, 2 wheel ThePoolCleaner

5. Back To Top    #5

Totally agree with original author. These grill grates are the best thing goingf and are a great addition to my Weber gas grill. 5 pieces fills a Weber 3 burner grill. The meats come out very juicy and cooked evenely. The grates come with the large fork whose tines fit in the grate valleys so you lift up the food.

Highly recommend and shipping is free and 2-3 days on the East coast (ship from Atlanta area)
    Don SW Florida
    10,000 gal in ground concrete pool
    Pentair Cartridge filter, Pentair SWG, Pentair Intelliflow VS pump (11018)
    FAFCO solar panels w/Pentair SolarTouch controller
    using BBB for pool chemistry/Lamotte ColorQ tester for daily testing

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

I've been using them on my gas grill for over a year now. They were ordered online as a fathers day gift last year. They were a terrific addition to my outdoor kitchen. As far as cleaning you only have to run a brush over the raised ribs. The stuff down between can just be left. It only takes a few seconds to clean them up. After each use I just brush the off before they cool down.

Check them out here:

http://www.grillgrate.com/
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Glad to see other people enjoying them. Really beats spending the money required to replace my ceramic grates plus these will last!
    18x33 AGP, 17,300 gal, Hayward Sand Filter, 1.5 HP 2 Speed Hayward Pump

8. Back To Top    #8

+1 on GrillGrates. I'm pretty amateur at grilling, and flare ups were the bane of my existence, and this thing basically prevents flare ups while leaving meats very juicy.
    15k gunite pool. Intelliflo VF. Autopilot SWG.
    2k separate spa with waterfall (ie: pain in the rear maintaining a separate body of water). 2HP Hayward Tristar pump.