"Self Contained" Vac for 27' ABG or ideas to get the sludge?

GCS

Jul 28, 2008
"Self Contained" Cleaner/Vac for 27' ABG?

Looking for a suggestion (and a quick one at that) to get the sludge/slime from the bottom of our pool.

We did a big no-no and did not cover for the winter and have been paying the price trying to get it straight. We decided to drain it and clean the bottom but we cannot get enough water out to get to the liner and basically scrub it clean.

We added back enough water to allow Rover to get in and work and he just cannot handle the job. Big stuff (pine needles etc) have been removed we now have the grimy sludge on the bottom and fine stuff.

We need to vac it. Problem is I cannot hook our hose and simple brush vac to our filter and keep suction so that isn't going to work.

Pool is about 1/3rd filled and we need another suggestion.

Any ideas??

Are there any sump pumps around that have a hosed that attaches and can be tossed in the pool to suck to allow me to go around and suck the Crud out?

Other issue is we only have about 2 days to get it cleaned up and refilled (filling takes at least a day and half). I think am screwed but hoping you guys have some ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Greg

Put this in the ABG section but really should have put it here ... duhh.
Please don't ask the same question in more than one place. JasonLion

Looking for a suggestion (and a quick one at that) to get the sludge/slime from the bottom of our pool.

We did a big no-no and did not cover for the winter and have been paying the price trying to get it straight. We decided to drain it and clean the bottom but we cannot get enough water out to get to the liner and basically scrub it clean (i e mop/scoop up the sludge/small items etc). We rented a submersible pump from HD which drained quite well but leaves several inches of standing water in the pool.

We added back enough water to allow Rover to get in and work and he just cannot handle the job. Big stuff (pine needles etc) have been removed we now have the grimy sludge on the bottom and fine stuff. This is what has to come out so we can get a clean pool and have clean fresh water.

We need to vac it somehow. Problem is I cannot hook our hose and simple brush vac to our filter and keep suction unless the pool is full of water and going into the skimmer box as well so that isn't going to work. And adding water to the pool just makes it cloudy and dirty again since all the Crud is still there.

Pool is about 1/3rd filled and we need another suggestion.

Any ideas??

Are there any sump pumps around that have a hose that attaches and can be tossed in the pool to suck the water out and allow me to go around and suck the **** off the bottom?

Other issue is we only have about 2 days to get it cleaned up and refilled (filling takes at least a day and half). I think am screwed but hoping you guys have some ideas.

We had a perfect pool for all of last year we blew it by not covering and then being too busy to get it straight until now, uggh!

Thanks in advance.

Greg

Re: "Self Contained" Vac for 27' ABG or ideas to get the slu

With a little work you can use your existing pool pump. With a little ingenuity, can attach the vacuum hose directly to the pump, and the pump output directly to the lawn or a drain somewhere. As long as you can get the vacuum hose full of water and the end underwater, the pump should be able to prime. It may take some fiddling to get everything to work and get all the air out of the hose, but it shouldn't be too difficult.

Re: "Self Contained" Vac for 27' ABG or ideas to get the slu

Hmm well I tried everything but the filling the hose first part. I'll try that when I get home this afternoon. Perhaps that will fix the problem

Of course I have no way to connect to the pump directly since everything is hard plumbed with PVC but perhaps filling the hose first will fix my issues.

Thanks

Greg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.