Hello - just received my intex last night

Jun 22, 2011
Im glad i found this site. What great info I have found so far. I just received my 12x24x52 intex last night and Im excited about getting it up. I will be posting some pics later on. Thanks everyone.

Re: Hello

I need a little help. Ive got the pool up and running. I just started the pump tonight and it keeps beeping and reading "90". So i backwashed and rinsed and its still reading 90 and beeping. Any advice??

I do have the pump swg combo. Last night I read that the flow sensor might have something to do with it. So i took it apart and put it back together and it worked just fine the rest of the night. Thanks so much for your help and suggestions.

Im back with the same question again. My swg kept reading 90 no matter what I did. I finally unscrewed the skimmer where it connects to the outlet and there was a big gob of debris stuck there. I turned the pump back on and the water flow is amazing. However, after about 2 minutes it starts beeping again. Im so discouraged on what could be wrong. Ive taken the flow sensor off and cleaned it and put that back together as well. Nothing. :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
One thing, when you say make sure you have the flow sensor in the right direction, the right direction is that when you have proper flow, the little white tab thing should be up, not hanging down. Right?

TAMMY8787 said:
One thing, when you say make sure you have the flow sensor in the right direction, the right direction is that when you have proper flow, the little white tab thing should be up, not hanging down. Right?

Not sure how the all in one is constructed exactly, but from the pictures I have seen, make sure the flow sensor is installed "perfectly" horizontal. Meaning, the axis of rotation of the magnetic "flap" must should be parallel to the ground. I found on my swg (I have the separate intex one) when I am on low pump speed (I have a 2 speed pump) if mine was not horizontal, it could hang just slightly down in the flow due to friction in the pivot caused by the flap not being able to move directly with flow and up.

On a side note, I personally would not buy a "built in" swg. Eventually it will fail, and the intex is basically replace the whole thing when the cell is dead (from a cost perspective...at least what I have seen). I am assuming the pump will last longer (most do...not sure of intex though). In addition, having a separate unit lets you move to a new system/pump setup if needed. An example would be a pool size upgrade, where a higher flow rate filter system is desired, but the swg would still work. My two cents for future purchasers of the this system....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.