New Pool and BBB Question

Things were well, I had to go out of town unexpectedly on the 2nd and just returned home last night. I had instructions to add 1 gallon of bleach each night to the person who kept an eye on my house. Apparently they thought i wouldn't notice or something? I came home and the pool has algae <sigh>. I have no chlorine in the pool and just added what the pool calc said. The CYA is finally at 30 though! The algae isn't that bad, in fact it was just about 4 quarter sized spots on the bottom. I am running the pump for the next 24 hours straight and doing a "shock" on it to get it overpowered. I gave everything a good scrub down, removed ladder and scrubbed that and pulled the 3 leaves from bottom of pool. I feel a lot more confident, now that I somewhat know what I am doing. Thanks for checking in, I hope you were able to learn something from this thread. I've learned so much and am so thankful!!!

The splashless clorox yes, although I am not using it anymore, It was on sale for $1 each jug so I bought a ton, but apparently it's not good for the pools! It doesn't splash much when you pour it, it's thicker consistency.

I am having an issue now that is completely unrelated to the water, and that's MOLES! I want to sit outside with the gun and blow them up, but I'm afraid I will be putting more holes in my liner than the mole ;) A friend's dog was over here today and dug up one, so I'm going to borrow him for a few days and see what else he finds for me! I'm now trying to figure out what to do next year. SO far it seems we will have a load of gravel brought in, along with putting rock guard, sand and a tarp down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.