Adding more pH Minus than the maximum

Strips usually only go up to 10 ppm. With a shock level of 12, you won't know when you have reached that number. If you can get a hold of a standard 6 way test kit and some distilled water, you can use the dilution method to tell when you are close to your target number. You can also try the dilution method with the test strip but the results will not be very accurate.

Hmmm, our 6 way test kit only measures up to 5ppm of FC. Turning to mathematics - if we were to dilute it by 66% distilled water, e.g. 2/3 distilled and 1/3 pool water, would I be able to test that and then multiply by 3? It makes sense to me, of course it loses a little accuracy.

I'm going to give my mom the login details so she can post here while I'm gone.

EDIT: Tested this morning, using the 50% diluted method, since I figured that there's no way the chlorine would still be higher than 10 at this point. I was right, I tested twice with the distilled method and once normally and they all came back with FC = 1.5. The pool water is still just as cloudy but now there's no green left in it.

I'll add more bleach to bring it back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.