algae stains?

dhogan

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 4, 2011
Miami, OK
I seem to have some algae stains on a few areas of my pool? Now that I have switched over to the "trouble free pools" way.......will those go away w/ time or is there something I can do to get rid of them? I have recently switched over to TFP from using Pristine Blue. We have used Pristine Blue for several years........but it seems as if the past 2 or 3 years that we were developing an algae problem, even tho we were adding all the Pristine Blue products we should at the appropriate times. Since switching over to TFP...the pool has regained it's fresh clean look.......the water is clear & beautiful.............but just seems as if the algae has left behind dark stains.

Our pool is about 18,328 gallons with a 606 gallon hot tub that overflows into the pool. Of course hot tub is not turned on to make it hot during this weather......but we still have the water overflow into the pool....[looks cool!] Our pool is gunite w/ a STA-RITE sand filter...we also have an automatic 3" tab chlorine tab feeder. We use a SUN-RAY automatic vacuum.

Welcome to TFP!

If the stains are from algae, the will be organic stains that will fade over time. There is some chance that the stains are actually copper stains related to the Pristine Blue, which will not fade. The simplest thing is to just wait a while and see how things go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.