Goldsboro, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have come across a Polaris 360 cleaner for sale that is supposedly new in the box for $250. I currently manually vacuum, but have been looking at automatic cleaners. I have a couple of questions, though. Is this a good price for this cleaner? Also, would it be a good fit for my pool?

I do not have a dedicated return line for cleaning, but I do have 3 returns plus 2 in the steps, so a total of 5. I can turn off the two on the steps, as well as the other 3. There used to be a water slide, but it has been removed so I guess I could modify that PVC to connect the cleaner. Would that work the best?

God bless and thanks for the help!

According to the website it is one of their models that does not require a booster pump. Judging by the amount of water that I get out of the old pool slide return, it think it would be enough pressure even with the other returns still on. It is a 2" PVC pipe, so I would have to put on some fittings to get it to connect to the cleaner. Would that be a possible solution?

As you found, the 360 does not require a booster pump. My pool has 3 wall returns plumbed from 2 in lines to 1.5 in directional fittings + a return with a 1/5 inch female fitting for the cleaner. A 1 HP pump provides enough more than enough flow for it and the other returns. You can always reduce the flow to the steps if needed when running the cleaner. We've had the 360 for about 9 months - works well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.