Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 360 Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 360 Question

I have come across a Polaris 360 cleaner for sale that is supposedly new in the box for $250. I currently manually vacuum, but have been looking at automatic cleaners. I have a couple of questions, though. Is this a good price for this cleaner? Also, would it be a good fit for my pool?

I do not have a dedicated return line for cleaning, but I do have 3 returns plus 2 in the steps, so a total of 5. I can turn off the two on the steps, as well as the other 3. There used to be a water slide, but it has been removed so I guess I could modify that PVC to connect the cleaner. Would that work the best?

God bless and thanks for the help!
    22,600 gal. Vinyl Inground, FNS Plus 60 DE Filter, WhisperFlo 1HP Pump, SWG, Dolphin Nautilus

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris 360 Question

I doubt that turning off returns is a good idea, circulation is important. My polaris 380 requires a separate pump, suspect that one does also.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

3. Back To Top    #3

According to the website it is one of their models that does not require a booster pump. Judging by the amount of water that I get out of the old pool slide return, it think it would be enough pressure even with the other returns still on. It is a 2" PVC pipe, so I would have to put on some fittings to get it to connect to the cleaner. Would that be a possible solution?
    22,600 gal. Vinyl Inground, FNS Plus 60 DE Filter, WhisperFlo 1HP Pump, SWG, Dolphin Nautilus

4. Back To Top    #4

As you found, the 360 does not require a booster pump. My pool has 3 wall returns plumbed from 2 in lines to 1.5 in directional fittings + a return with a 1/5 inch female fitting for the cleaner. A 1 HP pump provides enough more than enough flow for it and the other returns. You can always reduce the flow to the steps if needed when running the cleaner. We've had the 360 for about 9 months - works well.
    30' x 15' kidney shaped, 3.5-5.5 ft deep, wet-mix shotcrete inground, AutoPilot Digital SWG - RC35/22 cell, 36" main drain, 1 skimmer, 4 returns, Dyna-Pro 1 HP, Sta-Rite 2 (PLM100) filter, Polaris 360 cleaner, Marbletite (Marquis/Bluestone), Screen enclosure