Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: high salt tlight on

1. Back To Top    #1

high salt tlight on

My intex swg has been on for 5 hours each day for 5 days and now high salt light on. test strips show 6.6 bottle says this is 3050 system says rec. 3000 to 3500. cant seem to find problem
    24 Ft Sharkline Matrix , ~15,200 Gallons
    Pentair SD60 w/ 2 speed 1.5 HP Dynamo pump
    Taylor K-2006 --- BBB

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: high salt tlight on

How old is the Intex SWG? If it is older, I would just replace it. If it is fairly new, I recommend replacing water to get the salt level down, regardless of what the test strips say.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes it less than 2 months old, took water to pool palce said water perfect salt on their test was 3500. I guees we will get it back to about 2800 it all seem to work fine there its just been off to get rest of pool chemical right switch from baquil **** and just finished that conversion, and got salt up to what we thought was 3000 but strips might me bad I got some new ones today.
    readings after 9am
    fc 3
    tc 3
    ph 7.4
    ta 80
    cya 60
    calcium 200
    phosphates 100
    does all this look good
    24 Ft Sharkline Matrix , ~15,200 Gallons
    Pentair SD60 w/ 2 speed 1.5 HP Dynamo pump
    Taylor K-2006 --- BBB

4. Back To Top    #4
    Southern NH

I wouldn't drop it too much, these little guys seem to be picky about the salt amount. Mine was saying low salt when my strip read just under 3000. Also could have been that it wasn't mixed in enough after all the rain we had and little use by swimmers. Swimmers are the best stirrers
    2007 1st full year with AG pool~15k gallons 18'x33' JW
    6/2010 added 2 button Intex SWG-painless except for when reset
    Switched to BBB from Baquacil (couldn't pay me to go back)