Need help with intermatic timer hookup.

May 26, 2007
Hi All,
I'm replacing my old Intermatic manual timer with the EH10 digital model, Trouble is it doesn't work :)

I hooked up the timer as I thought it should be however it didn't send 120v when I switched it manually. I then saw on page 7 of the manual I need to install a jumper between post 2/3 (line-black wires). I did that and turned it on and it popped my breaker. his is where I stop and ask for help.

Maybe I'm missing something. Pump is 120V. Here is a link to the manual which seems poorly written to me. I hooked up the old one no problem so I'm not sure why this one doesn't work.

http://www.intermatic.com/~/media/files/intermatic/products/instructions/timers/eh10 - english.ashx

Thanks for any advice. I don't want to burn out my pump due to incorrect wiring.

Joe

The most common way to wire a 120 volt pump to that timer is to connect both the power supply white wire and the pump white wire to #1, power supply black wire to #2, a jumper from #2 to #3 and the pump black wire to #4.

Are you sure that the power supply, timer, and the pump are all setup for 120 volts?

Yes its all 120. Currently I have it hooked up as follows,
Slot 1-Neutral from house
Slot 2: Line from house
Slot 3: Line to pump
Slot 4: Neutral to pump

Thats how I thought it said to hook it up. I tried it your way and it works no fire yet either so thats probably the correct way.
Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.