Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Shish Kabob Help

1. Back To Top    #1

Shish Kabob Help

I want to have a shish kabob bar on the 4th of July for about 12 people. I want to put out different cut up meats, veggies, and fruit and let each person make their own. I need some way to label each skewer so that I know who made it. Any ideas?

East TN
    13,000 gal San Juan Fiberglass Pool;SWG; GoldLine Pro Logic Controls
    Hayward Sand Filter; Hayward Max-Flo XL Pump;Polaris 380; Hayward ColorLogic LED
    Raypak Gas Heater

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Exeter, PA

Re: Shish Kabob Help

I'd use something like this ... 057&sr=8-1

But on a important side note. I've learned that if you want perfectly cooked shish kabob's you should only put one type of item on each skewer and space each item a quarter inch. The reason for this is that meats, veggies, etc all have different cooking times. This ends the problems of undercooked meats and burnt veggies on one skewer. Yeah it kinda defeats the "Fun" purpose but you could always de-skewer the items over a bowl of rice.
    X-Pert Pool Service
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

3. Back To Top    #3

Riverside, CA

Re: Shish Kabob Help

Check out these:

I saw them in the store the other day. I might pick up a couple for this weekend.
    40x20 Free Form IG Pool (aprox 29,000 Gal, 140 Perimeter, depth 3'6"-7', Baja Shelf, 8x8 Free Form Spa) - Gunite Shell, Pebble Plaster Finish, Poured Concrete Coping - 3 Deep Heat Returns - Jandy LXi400 Gas Heater (400,000 Btu) - Jandy Variable Speed Pump JEP 2.0 - Jandy CL 600 Filter - HASA Liquidator - Jandy PDA 6 w/ Remote - 4x Jandy WaterColors Pool LEDs - 48" Gas Fire Pit - 6x Gas Tiki Torches - 12'x15' U-shaped BBQ Island (Firemagic Equipment)