Hooking up Polaris 380

maggiem

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 15, 2008
I just bought the Polaris 380 with booster pump but not sure when it will arrive. PB built us a dedicated line for this. We have the fittings etc and a place on the pad for the booster pump. Is the install of the booster pump something we could do ourselves or would you recommend we ask PB to come back out and do it?

Thanks!

If you have any electrical smarts and a little plumbing knowledge, then you should be able to install it.

I recommend connecting the power to the booster pump motor 1st, since you can move the motor around more easily when it's not connected to the PVC pipes. Get a water tight PVC connector, some 1/2" flex conduit and some wire, and a 15 or 20 amp breaker and connect to your service panel. **** You can connect the booster pump to 120v or 240v. Been a while since I installed on, but I think they come from the factory prewired 240v There will be a wiring diagram on the motor and inside installation manual if you want to change it.

Once you have the electrical done, The suction side of the Polaris Booster pump is normally a 1" PVC. Just wrap some teflon tape around a 1" male adapter, and screw it into the booster pump housing. Then connect your suction side & pressure side. (Hopefully your PB label the pipes coming out of the ground at your pool equipment pad.)

Thanks so much! I'll print out your reply & give to hubby. Hubby can hook up the electric though I get nervous when he messes with anything electric!

The cleaner and pump arrived yesterday. PB said we should wait 30 days from plaster to let the little guy crawl around the pool so we'll be sweating it with the hand vac for a few more weeks. I can't wait to see how the 380 works!

Hey Doctor - we're brushing 'til our arms are aching :shock: I think we might have an issue with the MDs because no matter how much dirt we push down to the drains, it doesn't seem to get collected. We are shutting off the skimmer and letting the MDs go for a bit to try and get rid of the dirt. We tore up lots of grass/trees so we have a lot of loose dirt still around the whole back yard. We're going to do the vac just to get the dirt up and of course the leaves that don't make it to the skimmer.

Thanks James! I have yet to open the box since we have about 20 days to wait....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.