Pressure Side Small leak

rmklaw

Aug 27, 2009
I developed a small leak (one drop every 20-25 seconds) in the joint coming out of the Pentair Multiport Highflow valve return to the check valve. because the check valve is glued to the highflow return without any room, the ideal repair of cutting/replacing joint will cost me a new highflow valve ($129.00) plus a new check valve ($50) plus possible other unions, etc.

Is there a product that I can use to patc from the inside of the check valve? I can access the inside of the joint by removing the checkvalve cover. Thanks.

No. It is not threaded. It is standard 2" ID and the Jandy checkvalve is glued to it with no gap to spare. My only hope is to be able to acces the joint from the inside of the check valve or taking the multiport apart to access the inside joint. In either case what I would like to try is to use the solvent inside and some kind of PVC cement or epoxy. Hopefully the water pressure would actually help plug the tiny leak mby putting pressure on the epoxy.

Ideas?

this (http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053) worked awesome for my leak.

34dc6697-e92e-4dc6-8935-478b8b0c5816_300.jpg

be warned that it will make a permanent bond

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.