Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hanging Digital Thermometer

1. Back To Top    #1

Hanging Digital Thermometer

I've lightly Googled and searched here, haven't found one.
    Is there such a thing as a 'hanging' digital thermometer?
    I don't want a floating one.
    I want to know what the temp is a foot down like my old, recently deceased, hanging analog? one showed.
    But I would love to have a digital, so I don't say "it's 91*" and hub says "oh no it's 90*". LOL
    I'd like to 'nip this in the bud' with a digital
    Thanks.......
    ABG, Cornelius, 12'x24', oval, 7,700 gals, 1 1/2 hp Hayward pump, sand filter. BBB. 6-4'x10' Fafco solar panels, permanently installed on wooden ground rack, GL235 auto controller.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hanging Digital Thermometer

Wish I could help you. I certainly understand you and your Hubby going back and forth about the temperature... mine likes to do that w/me too.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

3. Back To Top    #3

I'd love to have something like this too. The top few inches of our pool are significantly warmer than the rest of the pool. Oh, and it's my kids. "Oh look! It's 88 degrees!" "No Mom. It's 89 degrees."
    Cindy

4.8 K gallon AGP: sharkline opera 12'x17'x52"
    Sandpro 4511 sand filter and pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Maybe we should market one
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

I have a remote wireless sensor that let's me set any depth I want and sends the temp back to my main unit in the house. It's made by Oregon Scientific.

http://us.oregonscientific.com/cat-Outl ... ensor.html
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Its getting bad with therms. I have 3 and all read something diff. Like yesterday the swg said 87, the pool heater said 81, and the in pool therm said 78. LOL I am more inclined to trust the pool heaters temp.
    26x16 rockwood keyhole vynil inground, waterway cartridge filter and swg, variable speed pentair pump, extra large skimmer with 2 main drains in deep end and 2 returns,Rheem raypack 206 natural gas heater, hayward tigershark qc robot. Being installed in late may early june. Woot!

7. Back To Top    #7

I've not found anything.
    Thanks chiefwej. If I'm reading right, I have to also have the base unit. I don't think I want to go that far.
    Heaven forbid....then he wouldn't legitimately be able to keep the tv on the weather channel. LOL
    ABG, Cornelius, 12'x24', oval, 7,700 gals, 1 1/2 hp Hayward pump, sand filter. BBB. 6-4'x10' Fafco solar panels, permanently installed on wooden ground rack, GL235 auto controller.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by chiefwej
    I have a remote wireless sensor that let's me set any depth I want and sends the temp back to my main unit in the house. It's made by Oregon Scientific.

So what is the main unit you have? I was having a hard time finding it on the website.
    Cindy

4.8 K gallon AGP: sharkline opera 12'x17'x52"
    Sandpro 4511 sand filter and pump

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by chiefwej

Thread is a little old but I would like to know what wireless temp sensor you have. I have the complete weather set that came with the wireless floating digital thermo, worked for approx 2 / 3 months but it kept getting moisture trapped inside making it hard / impossible to read.
    The link you provided only brings me to the main site, could'nt find anything like your describing.
    DONE, 20 x 40, inground gunite, 30" raised bond beam with 3 12" sheer descents, 8' diving board, pentair 420 cartridge filter, vs-3050 pump, intellechlor ic-40, auto cvr, Tahoe blue pebble tech, 6ea 4' x 12.5' & 2ea 1' x 12.5' helicol solar panels, legend robotic cleaner.

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

The one I have has a sending unit that looks just like the other little, white box sensors, but with a wire ending in a temp probe comming out of the bottom. It is sensor model THC268. I use two, one in the pool and one in the spa. I mounted the sensor boxes on stakes next to the pool deck, ran the wire through an expansion joint and set the probe down about a foot in the water. The temp is shown both on the sensor display and sent to a small receiver (model RAR381).

But, the bad news is they don't seem to have either unit any longer. The only choice for a water temp sensor I could find now is the floating type.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit