Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 2 Filter system?

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

2 Filter system?

Anyone ever try a 2 filter system? Have sand filter now, pool looks great, but for the sake of tinkering, I have a pentair 66 warior DE filter from my old pool. Currently running a 1hp. Super pump II. Can they be run in series(through the sand then the DE) or just 1 or the other. I ust remember the water had a "polished" look to it when I ran DE in my old pool.
    Too much time on my hands I guess, lol

Thank You in advance;
    14X28 inground Vinyl
    1HP Super II Pump
    200lb Sand filter
    Tri-chlor, bleach shock
    BBB

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 2 Filter system?

You can run them in series, just be aware that the head through the DE will add tgo what you already have. It's probably not a problem but something to keep in mind.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

A simpler approach, not as good but close, is to add a little DE to your sand filter. That will get you part of the way back to DE water quality.

Jason
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Thanks for the replies! To run them in series I will still need to bypass sand filter to charge the DE filter. To me it would make sense to have the water go through the sand first then the DE. I thought about just adding the DE to the sand, but if I've got the filter, may as well use it.
    14X28 inground Vinyl
    1HP Super II Pump
    200lb Sand filter
    Tri-chlor, bleach shock
    BBB