Switch from Pristine Blue to BBB

Jun 29, 2011
I would like to switch from PB to BBB. My above ground, sand filtered pool is 1 year's old this July. PB has left stains on on my liner and PB chemicals are financially draining! Additionally, it has never completely rid my pool of algae no matter how many times I get it tested and adjusted. What do I need to do to make thwe switch?

The third step is to read "Pool School" and all the "courses". See the big button that says "Pool School" in the upper right corner of this page? It's a lot of reading but knowledge is power.

When you start testing your own water, report the results back here, someone is always looking to help so be patient before you start throwing chemicals into your pool. But you really need a test kit, it's not cheap, but when you factor in the $$$ you'll save from not having to buy PB, you'll be WAY FARTHER ahead. Good Luck, there is a success story here: pristine-blue-to-bbb-t33359.html
He's pretty much "out of the woods" and on his way to a crystal clear pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.