Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Switch from Pristine Blue to BBB

1. Back To Top    #1

Switch from Pristine Blue to BBB

I would like to switch from PB to BBB. My above ground, sand filtered pool is 1 year's old this July. PB has left stains on on my liner and PB chemicals are financially draining! Additionally, it has never completely rid my pool of algae no matter how many times I get it tested and adjusted. What do I need to do to make thwe switch?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Switch from Pristine Blue to BBB

The first step is to get a copper test to see what your copper level in the water is.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Calera, Al

the second step is to get a high quality test kit. like this one . You will not be disappointed, combined with the speed stir they will become your must trusted tools in the pursuit of a sparkling clean pool
    17,000 gal, IG Gunite Diamond Brite plaster Kidneybean,w/7x11 tanning ledge& 3x5 swimout bench,244T 300lb Hayward Pro high rate sand filter(63 GPM) , Hayward 1Hp Super Pump w/3/4 hp booster pump, Polaris 280, Laars Lite 2 175k N/G Heater, Tf-100, Speed stir

4. Back To Top    #4
    Central NY

The third step is to read "Pool School" and all the "courses". See the big button that says "Pool School" in the upper right corner of this page? It's a lot of reading but knowledge is power.

When you start testing your own water, report the results back here, someone is always looking to help so be patient before you start throwing chemicals into your pool. But you really need a test kit, it's not cheap, but when you factor in the $$$ you'll save from not having to buy PB, you'll be WAY FARTHER ahead. Good Luck, there is a success story here: pristine-blue-to-bbb-t33359.html
    He's pretty much "out of the woods" and on his way to a crystal clear pool.
    14,600g / 24ft. Round Above Ground with Solar Cover
    18" Hayward Pro Sand Filter
    1 HP Hayward Powerflo Matrix Pump running 10am - 8pm
    Full Sun (when we get sun ... LOL): Approx. 10am to 7pm
    Using the Trouble Free Method, and loving it!! Arrrrrrrr!!!!