Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: "intex nuts"

1. Back To Top    #1

"intex nuts"

Are the nuts that go on the filter hose/pool valve available separately or do you have to cut them off of hose?
    8K gallon Kidney shape 12 X 24 IG gunite with 6 foot raised Spa and waterfall
    IntelliChlor IC20, PCC 2000 In-Floor Cleaning system, Cartridge Filter, 2 HP WhisperFlo Pump
    Easy Touch Control and Load center with Quick Touch Wireless remote
    Amerlite and SpaBrite lights

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: "intex nuts"

Confused...

What nuts? Intex uses flexible hoses with hose clamps (like you'd use on your car hoses). If you need new hoseclamps, get stainless (any hardware store). You don't want them rusting.
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

3. Back To Top    #3

Referring I think to the hose nuts like on the end of the hose here:
    http://www.intexstore.com/ProductDetail ... parts=list
    Cindy

4.8 K gallon AGP: sharkline opera 12'x17'x52"
    Sandpro 4511 sand filter and pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Just order a part containing the split hose nuts, as they are functionally equivalent to the hose nuts:

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by EJohnson
    Just order a part containing the split hose nuts, as they are functionally equivalent to the hose nuts:

Thanks everyone, those look right I'll try them as I saw those in another post but they weren't used yet.
    8K gallon Kidney shape 12 X 24 IG gunite with 6 foot raised Spa and waterfall
    IntelliChlor IC20, PCC 2000 In-Floor Cleaning system, Cartridge Filter, 2 HP WhisperFlo Pump
    Easy Touch Control and Load center with Quick Touch Wireless remote
    Amerlite and SpaBrite lights

6. Back To Top    #6

Hi, will that nut work on a regular flanged hose. I would prefer to have a 1.5 in hose coming off the outside of the pool and put a ball valve closer to the sand filter. I bought the Intex hose adaptor B to get from the 1.25" to the 1.5" that goes to my sand filter, but don't want the ball valve hanging there. Thanks....Any other suggestions?
    El Paso, Texas
    16x32 Rectangular In-Ground Pool - Plaster - Cartridge Filter - 25,000 gallons - TF100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by EJohnson

While I can't say for sure, I think that is the larger nut that the SWG screen fits inside. If so, it would be too big.
    18'x48" Intex metal frame pool, 1600 Intex sand filer/pump combo, Intex SWCG.

8. Back To Top    #8

That is correct the SWG screen nut will not work i ordered 5 of them thinking they would but they are too large !

The only part i know of that you can get them off of that is the right size is the plunger valves
    Steve Frakes
    15' X 48'' Intex Metal Frame
    Intex Sand Filter 16'' 2650 GPH
    Taylor K-2006 Test Kit
    BBB and Borated

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by frogabog
    What nuts?
    Frogabog,
    I think the person was refering to you
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

10. Back To Top    #10

Frogabog, To get you unconfused intex only uses hose clamps on there pumps of 1000GPH or less anything larger including sand filters use screw on hoses and larger intake and return fittings.
    Steve Frakes
    15' X 48'' Intex Metal Frame
    Intex Sand Filter 16'' 2650 GPH
    Taylor K-2006 Test Kit
    BBB and Borated

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by linen
    Quote Originally Posted by frogabog
    What nuts?
    Frogabog,
    I think the person was refering to you
    Ohhhh! Ohhhh! H brought home a "Sock it to me" cake last night. It had nuts in it. Those nuts??

But yes, I get now that having only used 1000gph pumps or smaller... I didn't realize that the larger equipment used nuts.

Guess I'll be getting a good edubacation here shortly when I attempt to adapt from hose clamp sized equipment and ports to the nutty kind w/the new sand filter.

Can I just use the Sock it to me cake nuts?
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.