switched from using Baquacil to Clorine

Jun 25, 2011
About a week ago i started my transition from using Baquacil to Chlorine and I think I have all the Baquacil products out because my Chlorine levels are high and remaining that way. But my levels in pool are out of whack and I need help figuring out what to add in pool, the people at pool store give me stuff I do not need...!!! :wink: Here are my 6-way test strip calculations:
Total Hardness 400
Free Chlorine 10/20
ph 8.4
Total Alkalinity 80
Cyanuric Acid 0
My pool is a 4400 gallon Intex Pop Up Pool
Thank a bunch any help is GREATLY appreciated

The best thing to lower PH is muriatic acid, available at most hardware stores. You can also use dry acid/PH Down sold at pool stores. Dry acid is more expensive but simpler to handle.

Depending on how high your FC level really is (I'm not sure what 10/20 means) the PH test results might not be valid. Any time FC is higher than 10 you should ignore the PH reading until the FC level comes down to something more reasonable.

Have you seen our Baqua to Chlorine Conversion Guide? It is best to follow through all of the steps in there to make sure your conversion is complete.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.