Vinyl liner replacement recommendations

stev32k

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2009
Mobile, Alabama
I am having the liner in our pool replaced and am looking for recommendations on liner brands or specifications and what needs to be done as part of the replacement. The pool is now 20 years old, but the bottom, sides, and corners appear to be in good shape. At least there is no visible damage, depressions, or bulges. The pool is 20' W X 40' L, 8'6" at the deep end and 3' at the shallow end. It has one skimmer, two returns, one bottom drain, one under water light, stairs at the shallow end and a ladder in the deep end.

One of the main questions I have is about liner thickness. Is a 30 Mil liner worth the increased cost over a 20 mil liner. I've read some conflicting opinions and am inclined to go with 20 mil unless there are some compelling reasons for installing the thicker one. Also is there any positives or negatives concerning the color or shade. Do some colors (or darker or lighter colors) last better than others or is there any difference?

Thanks for any advice or opinions.

Well I will say from what I have hear, the darker the liner, the longer the color lasts? I guess it makes sense cause the lighter the liner originally it will be whiter quicker... As for the thickness, what is your corners? do you have the 6inch radius or 2 foot? I went with GLI with my new liner- You can see it on my build page... its a dark blue... ended up with a beautiful water color...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.