After what seems like forever, we are finally within 20 days or so of putting up our pool this year. Been a long and expensive month getting a covered patio put up. Hopefully, I'll post some before and afters sometime. So -- budget is tight and pool needs are still many. Before I buy, can you guys tell me if you see anything wrong with the following purchase list? I get confused on the flow rates, where the connector are on stuff (vertical, horizontal), etc and want to be sure this stuff will all be plug and play and work together. I spent quite a bit of time trolling internet pool sites and could not find anyone to beat this price for a similar set up.
1. Pool will be Intex 18' round by 48" deep. (if it holds water - bought on craigslist end of last year and I've never even set it up) (eventually I might go to either 24' round by 52" deep, or 15 x 30 oval)
2. RayPak 400,000 btu natural gas heater with electronic ignition (non-low nox); cupro-nickel heat exchanger
3. Hayward PowerFlo Matrix 1 HP, 2 Speed, 6 foot cord (why are they so short?)(I had been looking for Pentair OptiFlo but this vendor has none in stock so he suggested this substitute)
4. Pentair Clean and Clear cartridge filter, 200 sq ft.
5. Intex SWG (with copper thing to disconnect)
The heater, pump, and filter will be shipped to my door for $2680. My local pool store wants $2800 just for the heater.
I'm open to any input, including a whole new list if you have specific stuff you think is great. Or, if anyone would avoid any item on my list, let me know. Or if they look incompatible in some way, let me know. THANKS!
My neighbor has a pool up this year for his first time. It is torture listening to all the splashing just the other side of the privacy fence. Sure hope my concrete guy gets his stuff done soon. And my electrician -- I sure have stumped him on this bonding stuff for this little pool.