Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: fresh fill, when to add bleach?

1. Back To Top    #1

Salem, Oregon

fresh fill, when to add bleach?

I just finished draining and cleaning my 33,000 gal inground pool. I started filling tonight. The bucket test shows a flow rate of 10 gal/minute. The pool should be filled in 55 hours. Sometime early Friday morning. I ordered a TF100 test kit that should be here on Saturday. My question:

Should I add any chlorine before Saturday? I would think the water should be fine until then.

This was a Biguanide conversion done the easy way. I'm replacing the sand in the filter as well.

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: fresh fill, when to add bleach?

If it's as hot there as it is down here...........adding some along and manually stirring it wouldn't hurt.. I'd add some about halfway if it was me anyhow.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: fresh fill, when to add bleach?

There is no need to add chlorine until the pool is full and you have the pump running.

Even when you replace the water, it is best to follow the baqua conversion steps anyway. There is often baqua left in the plumbing.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School