Intex 18x9 legs on concrete blocks too high HELP!

May 31, 2011
Currently filling our 18x9 Intex ultra frame pool. Husband put the cement blocks for the legs on top of the 1.5" styrofoam. Now he's afraid that the sides won't bow back out after it's filled b/c the legs will be 2" too high.

Any ideas? Please? He's currently trying to remove the cement blocks, calling me in the backyard to help him. The pool is 75% full. I don't think the blocks are going anywhere?

Please, any ideas, anything?????????

greenmom17 said:
Currently filling our 18x9 Intex ultra frame pool. Husband put the cement blocks for the legs on top of the 1.5" styrofoam. Now he's afraid that the sides won't bow back out after it's filled b/c the legs will be 2" too high.

Any ideas? Please? He's currently trying to remove the cement blocks, calling me in the backyard to help him. The pool is 75% full. I don't think the blocks are going anywhere?

Please, any ideas, anything?????????

Cut the styrofoam out around the legs and patio blocks?

Styrofoam will disintegrate when exposed to lacquer thinner.

You can use an old fashioned squirt bottle, like you would use to dispense ketchup or mustard at a hot dog stand. This will allow you to dispense it exactly where needed, and as much as needed. I would poke holes in the foam under the bricks with a screwdriver and stick the nipple in and squeeze, then squirt as needed to collapse the foam.

Goes without saying, no smoking or open flames! The lacquer thinner will evaporate quickly, and there will be a little plasticy mess under each brick to clean up when you take the pool down. A little unconventional, but it will be effective and a lot cheaper than emptying and refilling the pool.

the Styrofoam WILL give out eventually and unevenly in the next couple of weeks. Some blocks ill be deeper then others and possibly some will start tilting as they get pushed in which can rip your straps. Best is to cut into the foam and have PEACE OF MIND. I did the same thing..... lol Emptied and then re placed. Just yesterday :)

zshiek said:
Best is to cut into the foam and have PEACE OF MIND. I did the same thing..... lol Emptied and then re placed. Just yesterday :)

LOL. That's exactly what we are doing. Emptied it last night, husband up at the crack of dawn today and it cutting around the foam. Peace of mind is worth a couple days work!

zshiek, enjoy that pool! It looks awesome!!

greenmom17 said:
zshiek said:
Best is to cut into the foam and have PEACE OF MIND. I did the same thing..... lol Emptied and then re placed. Just yesterday :)

LOL. That's exactly what we are doing. Emptied it last night, husband up at the crack of dawn today and it cutting around the foam. Peace of mind is worth a couple days work!

zshiek, enjoy that pool! It looks awesome!!

Thanks! Would love to see your finished outcome :) Does this forum have a gallery for intex pools? or am i missing something..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.