Split off of this topic. JasonLion
I'm going through the same thing. I shocked last night (though didn't measure...) and measured this morning (Taylor FAS-DPD) and had 2.0 FC and 6.5 CC. My CC was previously at 4.0. My question is: according to the taylor manual you need to bring FC up to 10x the CC to "kill it off". However 65ppm will take a ton of shock. Am I okay using the recommended CYA/Chlorine levels? My CYA is steady at 30. From what I've read bringing shock up without reaching the CC breakpoint (e.g. 10x FC) will increase CC. Just want to make sure I'm working towards a fixed problem instead of a worse one.