Hi, I'm new here & need some help with my aqua rite system.

Jun 28, 2011
So the inspect cell light & check salt lights have been on. I took a pool sample to the local pool store. It said to add chlorine, stabilizer & MA. While I was there, I asked the lady that worked there why I should have to keep adding chlorine if the super chlorinater switch should be doing that. Only thing is, when I switched it to that setting, the super chlorinate light never turned on.
She told me how to clean the cell, by soaking in 1 to 4 MA & water. I did that. Then held down the black button for 30 sec.
Now, the generating light is on, the check salt is still flashing. UGH!! Help!!

Re: Hi, I'm new here & need some help with my aqua rite syst

Welcome to TFP!

You only need to add chlorine if the SWG isn't adding enough for some reason.

Did you visually inspect the cell? Was there any white crusty stuff on the cell plates? How old is the cell?

It would also be a big help if you could post a full set of water test results.

Kim -- welcome

If the unit is generating and the check salt is still flashing then this may indicate the pool needs just a little more salt.
Did the pool store check the salt level for you?

The 4-digit number that is displayed on the Aquarite LCD is the average salinity. What is this number?
If it is 2600 or less then you need to add salt.

PSG

Yes, they checked for salt levels....it is at 2600. The inspect cell light & check salt light continue to flash even after resetting. The gererating light is always on now, should it be?? This is my first pool, so I do not know what's supposed to be on or not. If I switch it to Super Chlorinate, the light never comes on.....

i found that if the level says 2600 its too low

i increased the salt
it went to 2700 and no more flashing lights

if it is too low it wont generate
i beleive the manual says 2700-3400 is required

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.