Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hi, I'm new here & need some help with my aqua rite system.

1. Back To Top    #1

Hi, I'm new here & need some help with my aqua rite system.

So the inspect cell light & check salt lights have been on. I took a pool sample to the local pool store. It said to add chlorine, stabilizer & MA. While I was there, I asked the lady that worked there why I should have to keep adding chlorine if the super chlorinater switch should be doing that. Only thing is, when I switched it to that setting, the super chlorinate light never turned on.
    She told me how to clean the cell, by soaking in 1 to 4 MA & water. I did that. Then held down the black button for 30 sec.
    Now, the generating light is on, the check salt is still flashing. UGH!! Help!!
    17,500 Gallon In-Ground

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hi, I'm new here & need some help with my aqua rite syst

Welcome to TFP!

You only need to add chlorine if the SWG isn't adding enough for some reason.

Did you visually inspect the cell? Was there any white crusty stuff on the cell plates? How old is the cell?

It would also be a big help if you could post a full set of water test results.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Kim -- welcome

If the unit is generating and the check salt is still flashing then this may indicate the pool needs just a little more salt.
    Did the pool store check the salt level for you?

The 4-digit number that is displayed on the Aquarite LCD is the average salinity. What is this number?
    If it is 2600 or less then you need to add salt.

PSG
    poolschoolgrad

20x40 free-form IG vinyl, 1hp Hayward superpump, Hayward pro grid DE filter, Raypak heatpump, Goldline Aquarite SWCG, Polaris 280 with booster, and tested using a Taylor K2006.

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, they checked for salt levels....it is at 2600. The inspect cell light & check salt light continue to flash even after resetting. The gererating light is always on now, should it be?? This is my first pool, so I do not know what's supposed to be on or not. If I switch it to Super Chlorinate, the light never comes on.....
    17,500 Gallon In-Ground

5. Back To Top    #5

i found that if the level says 2600 its too low

i increased the salt
    it went to 2700 and no more flashing lights

if it is too low it wont generate
    i beleive the manual says 2700-3400 is required
    11,000 gal inground fiberglass pool
    Aquarite SWG system

6. Back To Top    #6

Optimum level for the aqua rite system is 3200 ppm.
    You can use the pool calculator to determine how much salt will be required to increase the level from 2600 to 3200
    http://www.poolcalculator.com/

Not sure about your software version, but the superchlorinate function may not be active when the salt is low.
    poolschoolgrad

20x40 free-form IG vinyl, 1hp Hayward superpump, Hayward pro grid DE filter, Raypak heatpump, Goldline Aquarite SWCG, Polaris 280 with booster, and tested using a Taylor K2006.