Hello. I seem to be having a problem that i cannot figure out and was unsure which subforum this belonged to. Kinda two fold question i guess. I opened my pool and eventually got everything going crystal clear thanks to help from this forum. A few weeks into the summer we had a few days of continuous rain and i most likely did not check the pool everyday. It was then at this point i noticed the pool having dirt/debris in it and just assumed vacuuming would clean it up as we had a SWG producing the same daily numbers when checked before. Then the SWG apparently stopped producing chlorine at some point and was told its bad. I then shocked the pool which it passed the overnight loss test. That was a few days ago and yet it still has a green tint to it. Could this still be some kind of algae or metals? Though i am unsure how metals would be an issue. Shock it again even though it passed the loss test and run filter nonstop?
We have a slide and when i turned it on a foul smell was coming out from where the water comes down. Could this be due to the bad SWG no longer working the plates producing something , or what else would produce this smell? Im not exact sure how to describe it other then you could noticeably smell it when turned on. I turned it off right away so i do not know if it is a permanent thing or just right when its opened but it was not there when it was opened with everything running clear before this problem.