Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Boost from SWG and now PH is low?

1. Back To Top    #1

Boost from SWG and now PH is low?

Guys, need a bit of help here. My chlorine and calcium levels were low, so Sunday i added calcium as per instructed, then i pressed the Boost button on Monday evening on my Digital Autopilot. When i got home today, the chlorine and calcium levels seemed fine, but now the PH is really low.

Is this normal and what should i do next?

Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Boost from SWG and now PH is low?

Usually the PH goes up when you are using a SWG, but there are a couple of things that might cause the PH to go down.

We could give you much more specific help if you posted a full set of water test results. Terms like "low" and "really low" don't tell us anything useful.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Boost button on SWG and PH being low are unrelated events.
    Adding calcium chloride would have minimal effect on PH.
    Accurate water analysis is the only reliable way to know what is causing the PH to drop.
    Anything else would be just a guess.

PSG
    poolschoolgrad

20x40 free-form IG vinyl, 1hp Hayward superpump, Hayward pro grid DE filter, Raypak heatpump, Goldline Aquarite SWCG, Polaris 280 with booster, and tested using a Taylor K2006.

4. Back To Top    #4

I just checked the levels again and everything is fine. Sorry guys, my bad! I think i must have put yellow drops in both sides of the water tester. lol

Makes sense now cause my ph was perfect a few days ago!

Thanks anyway!