Free Pool Water Testing Strips

I was actually thinking about somthing along these lines today - while floating about my pool, of course. :whoot:

My thought was - "Should I take some test strips or a cheap DPD test kit on my next vacation to test the hotel pool ...?"

My second thought was - "What if the lifeguard/pool mgr. sees me testing THEIR water? Will they get P.O.'d and kick me out? I really don't want to offend a perfectly qualified CPO with my "clean pool" phobia".

What do you-all think? Am I nuts ... or has the TFP mentality set in? (I hope so - hee hee) :party:

I'll probably bring my test kit with me when we go on vacation again in August.

So what if the see me testing? I imagine a big kit like the TF100 and my speedstir will intimidate them pretty good. I have a baseball hat from Tripadvisor I should wear at the same time. That ought to a)prevent them from kicking me out and b)intimidate them some more.

So you test the water at the hotel pool on vacation... and then what? Are you going to offer to correct it?

No swimming on vacation could be a fair risk I would guess after testing a commercial pool ... Hope the kids can handle that! :shock:

I have to admit now that we have our own pool, it's much harder to get into any other pool. My mind does crazy things. Hubby even has trouble and he doesn't do any of the balancing or testing of our pool. Amazing how quickly it changes how you think about it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.