Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Free Pool Water Testing Strips

1. Back To Top    #1

Free Pool Water Testing Strips

Has anyone heard of this organization that gives out free pool test strips?

Here is the web site http://www.healthypools.org/
    Vinyl 18x36 inground pool, cart 4030 filter, tristar VS pool pump, T-15 SWCG, raised pre-plumbed fiberglass spillover spa w/12 jets, tristar VS spa pump, Aqualogic pl-plus-16v
    McDonough (Ola), Georgia

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Free Pool Water Testing Strips

Testing strips should never be free, they are as guilty as ****

3. Back To Top    #3

I agree for my pool, however I would think they would be great for traveling.
    Vinyl 18x36 inground pool, cart 4030 filter, tristar VS pool pump, T-15 SWCG, raised pre-plumbed fiberglass spillover spa w/12 jets, tristar VS spa pump, Aqualogic pl-plus-16v
    McDonough (Ola), Georgia

4. Back To Top    #4

I was actually thinking about somthing along these lines today - while floating about my pool, of course.

My thought was - "Should I take some test strips or a cheap DPD test kit on my next vacation to test the hotel pool ...?"

My second thought was - "What if the lifeguard/pool mgr. sees me testing THEIR water? Will they get P.O.'d and kick me out? I really don't want to offend a perfectly qualified CPO with my "clean pool" phobia".

What do you-all think? Am I nuts ... or has the TFP mentality set in? (I hope so - hee hee)
    20,125 gal. (2,690.6 c.f.) In-Ground / Concrete (Gunite) / Pentair Tagelus TA-60-60D Sand Filter / Pentair Whisper Flo Pump Model WF-24 @ 1HP / Hayward Veri-Flo Valve Model 710 / Taylor FAS-DPD K-2006 test kit / Pool School student

5. Back To Top    #5

I'll probably bring my test kit with me when we go on vacation again in August.

So what if the see me testing? I imagine a big kit like the TF100 and my speedstir will intimidate them pretty good. I have a baseball hat from Tripadvisor I should wear at the same time. That ought to a)prevent them from kicking me out and b)intimidate them some more.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

LOL Richard - I think I'll take my Taylor K2006 kit !

Of course - that'll just make my wife ask - "why not take a drill too??"
    20,125 gal. (2,690.6 c.f.) In-Ground / Concrete (Gunite) / Pentair Tagelus TA-60-60D Sand Filter / Pentair Whisper Flo Pump Model WF-24 @ 1HP / Hayward Veri-Flo Valve Model 710 / Taylor FAS-DPD K-2006 test kit / Pool School student

7. Back To Top    #7

So you test the water at the hotel pool on vacation... and then what? Are you going to offer to correct it?

No swimming on vacation could be a fair risk I would guess after testing a commercial pool ... Hope the kids can handle that!

I have to admit now that we have our own pool, it's much harder to get into any other pool. My mind does crazy things. Hubby even has trouble and he doesn't do any of the balancing or testing of our pool. Amazing how quickly it changes how you think about it!
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

8. Back To Top    #8

I'm in favor of bringing in a baggie of MPS, too...
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]