Finally Refilling

amd250

Jun 18, 2011
So after fixing 2 leaks and re levleing I am finally refilling the pool. I did realize that after I re-leveled the frame which was only off by 1/2 inch, the inside part of the pool was not level. It was higher on one side then the other. SO my question is, if the frame was level, but the inside sand underneath was not, my water level would not be even. Would that have been a problem?
other than the obivous not being able to fill the pool evenly.

Also, my pump is leaking around the shaft going into the motor. Any ideas?

intex 15x48 metal frame.

Also,
at the end of the summer, can I just unhook the top of the pool pipe from the bases and
lay down the liner and then put a tarp over it for the winter. So I dont have to pack it all away.

Thanks

If you are using the intex pump that came with the pool then you may need to replace the pump. The water being un-level may cause more pressure on the walls on the high water side, which could be problematic over time. It is best to have everything as level as possible.

As for winter storage, whether or not leaving on the ground under a tarp would work depends on many factors.
1. Are rodents going to come gnaw on the pool over the winter?
2. Can you completely dry the pool inside and out before covering it to prevent mildew?
3. Will the pool stay dry under the tarp?
4. Is there an alternative place to store the pool?

Good questions. I will need to consider. No I have a hayward maxflo 1HP pump. Is it hard to change the seal considering I have never done it before? Should I bring it to a pool repair place, or try it myself? I just don't want to ruin it.

I have not changed a seal myself but several members of TFP have without difficulty. The part is usually less than $10, but I don't know how easy it would be for you to disconnect your pump and take it in to the shop, or how much they would charge to do the work. You can google youtube for pool pump shaft seal replacement and that should pull up a few videos for you to watch and decide if you want to give it a try.

The bottom being unlevel won't cause the water level to be off as long as the frame is level. It may cause it to bulge like Zea said but it wouldn't be unlevel.

If you're apprehensive about replacing the seal you cna have the pool place do it. They're not hard to replace but if you've never torn a pump down before, it's a liitle daunting.

I got it up and running finally.

So after fixing the leaks in my pool, buying a used filter/pump systems, levleing and releveling,
filling up and draining and refilling the 15x48 intex pool, it's finally all done and we will be swimming in it today. Thanks to those that to those who toled me to drain it and it fix it. You were right
I am so glad I did it. Now I can tell my two boys when then ask, " Is the pool ready yet?" I can say "YES"

Tony

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.